Terms and Conditions
The British shop terms and conditions, updated 12/12/12
The placement of an order accepts the following conditions:
1. The British Shop web site has been issued a GeoTrust QuickSSL™ certificate to enable server security. Sites secured by QuickSSL are utilizing 128-bit SSL certificates thereby offering the highest level of encryption or security possible. This means you can rest assured that communications between your browser and this site's web servers are private and secure.
Delivery Order Details
2. Please see our delivery map for full details. All orders are shipped by UPS/USPS ground service or upgraded service as selected and are charged at UPS/USPS cost plus a handling charge.
3. All items on this web site can be ordered via our online Buy Now! or by telephone.
Please call 407.898.1634 10 am - 5.30 pm Tuesday to Friday, Saturday 10 am - 4 pm EST.
4. All orders containing perishable items will be shipped UPS Next Day Air or UPS 2nd Day Air at actual cost plus a handling charge.
5. Note: We accept no responsibility for perishable orders due to weather conditions and UPS handling.
6. In the event of extreme temperatures causing issues with items shipped, for example chocolate melting, we will at our discretion take additional precautions which could include adding ice bricks to the pack. We reserve the right to charge for the ice pack and extra shipping weight fees.
7. By Visa, MasterCard, Discover Card, American Express only.
8. Sorry, we do not accept personal checks or COD's.
9. For both online orders and telephone numbers we will require the following information:
10. Card type, card number, expiration date, full name, address, and telephone number.
11. We ship orders by either UPS or USPS for USPS orders we will not ship parcels over 9 lb in weight and Free shipping to Canada is not an option when purchased directly on the website.
12. Please note that we need a street address as UPS will not deliver to a post office box.
13. If you supply an incorrect/incomplete address or omit apartment, suite or floor # that results in a UPS ‘address correction’ fee we reserve the right to debit your credit card for this amount at whatever the prevailing rate as set by UPS.
14. In the case of any errors within the Buy Now! shipping module shipping will always be charged at prevailing rate.
Damage To Order
15. We will take great care with your items, but should any damages occur they must be reported to UPS/USPS and The British Shop within 72 hours or receipt of goods.
16. All returns must be approved in advance by telephone. Please call 407.898.1634 10 am - 5.30 pm Tuesday to Friday, Saturday 10 am - 4 pm EST.
17. Please note that prices are subject to change without notice.
18. All items are subject to availability.
19. Due to size and weight variations in available stock we reserve the right to substitute items with different weight and price points at our discretion.
20. E&OE, Errors and Omissions Excepted.